- Keir Starmer, Leader
- Angela Rayner, Deputy Leader
- Anneliese Dodds, Party Chair Shadow Secretary of State for Women & Equalities
- David Evans, General Secretary
- Alice Perry, NEC Chair
- Wendy Nichols, Chair, NEC Organisation Sub-Committee
Dear Keir, Angela, Anneliese, David, Alice and Wendy,
Labour’s Parliamentary selection procedures are outdated. We the undersigned believe the process must be revised to work better for women. It’s time to ensure selections are fit for the future to deliver a breadth of diverse talent to help Labour win the next General Election.
We want to see:
- The timetable halved to 4 weeks
- Hybrid hustings
- Easier access to postal votes
We believe this will reduce barriers to selection and participation associated with caring responsibilities, financial hardship, geography, work and disability, and and create #Selections4ThisMillenium.
We look forward to a positive announcement in the New Year.
In sisterhood and solidarity,
Labour Women’s Network