As part of our #Councils4thisMillennium campaign, we want to gather as much support around our Motion to Women's and Annual Conference.
We would love to know if you intend to get support for our motion and if it's been successful, so please let us know how its going by email on [email protected]
BY PASSING our MOTION, YOUR LOCAL PARTY WOULD BE ASKING THE NEXT LABOUR GOVERNMENT TO COMMIT TO:
- lead a cultural revolution in local government, taking action to make council life inclusive, flexible and embracing of talent, in order to attract, support and retain a diversity of future leaders.
- remove legal barriers to hybrid council meetings.
- create a statutory right for parental and carers' leave for all levels of public office.
PROPOSING A MOTION CAN BE SIMPLE, BUT CAN DIFFER DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCAL PARTY STRUCTURES. THE BASIC PROCESS IS:
- send the motion to the Women's Branch/ local Branch / CLP Secretary and ask for it to be tabled at the next meeting;
- attend the meeting and speak in favour of the motion;
- ask others to speak in favour;
- a vote will be held, and the result announced; and
- if its successful the Secretary will submit it via the Labour Party portal
You can download the full Motion by clicking the image below;