The future of the NHS will be one of the most important campaign issues in this year's general election. LWN's Political Day at the People's History Museum in Manchester on 28 February will concentrate on Labour's pledge to save it. With speakers from the Shadow Cabinet, the trade unions and the health sector, as well as the opportunity to do some campaigning in a nearby constituency, it's shaping up to be a great day.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE -
Rt Hon Jacqui Smith who will be chairing our NHS panel and discussion which includes:
- Liz Kendall MP, Shadow Health Minister;
- Hannah Blythyn, UNITE's Head of Political Strategy & Policy in Wales;
- Professor Caroline Glendinning, Socialist Health Association
- Angela Eagle MP, (Shadow Leader of the House) and Angela Rayner, LWN graduate and candidate for Aston-under-Lyne on Labour's manifesto and campaigning;
- Seema Malhotra MP (Shadow Minister for Tackling Violence against Women) and Bex Bailey (NEC member) on campaigning with women.
So don't miss out, book your ticket now!