Vacancy: LWN National Officer
Labour Women’s Network exists to secure the election of more Labour women to public office at every level and to support Labour women to play a full part in the Labour Party. We are looking for a motivated and talented campaigner, communicator and project manager, with a solid understanding of how the Labour Party works and experience of fund-raising, to help us make change happen.
Salary and contract: £30-35,000 pro rata, plus contributory pension. 12 month fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension.
Hours: 17.5 hours per week, can be worked flexibly.
Location: The successful candidate will need to be able to work from home, and commit to meetings in London at least once every two weeks.
To apply: Application by CV and covering letter to email@example.com, deadline 5pm on Wednesday 28 February. Interviews in London on 7 March.
1. Working with Officers, plan and implement an integrated communication, campaign and political strategy, working to achieve the objectives set out in Committee's annual plan.
2. Project manage of LWN activities agreed by Committee – this will include planning and overseeing delivery of projects, as well as working on them practically.
3. Plan and deliver a high value fundraising strategy.
4. Manage LWN correspondence, ensuring all enquiries from members, press and the public are responded to.
5. Jointly with the Chair and Secretary, line manage the LWN Organiser..
6. Attend Labour Party Conference and Women's Conference, and work collaberatively with Committee, volunteers and the LWN Organiser on LWN's presence and events.
7. Provide Secretariat functions to the Committee.
8. Work as part of a team with LWN Committee and the LWN Organiser, undertaking other tasks as agreed with line managers.
1. Significant experience and understanding of the Labour Party and its structures.
2. In depth understanding of the structural and behavioural changes required to secure women’s equality in the Labour Party.
3. Project and campaign management experience.
4. Proven ability to fundraise, including high value fundraising.
5. Willingness to undertake administrative tasks, including replying to correspondence and managing registrations for events and conferences.
6. Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
7. A strong commitment to the aims and values of the Labour Women’s Network.