How We Work
The Labour Women’s Network conducts its business according to its Mission Statement:
‘Labour Women’s Network is dedicated to supporting Labour women to play a full part in the Party, to securing the election of more Labour women to public office at every level, and to ensuring Labour women’s voices are heard.’
We are run by a Management Committee which is elected annually at our AGM. The last AGM was held in Manchester in September 2010, to coincide with the Labour Party’s annual conference. The next AGM will be held in Liverpool in September 2011.
The current objectives of the Labour Women’s Network are to:
- Train and mentor women in the Labour Party;
- Grow a sustainable income stream to support our Aims and Objectives;
- Develop a broader campaigning role on women in the Party (e.g., on all-women shortlists, proportionality, support for women members, etc.);
- Build and develop women’s voices;
- Build and grow the organisation, including increasing our membership; and
- Regularly review, update and improve our activities to make sure that they support our Aims and Objectives.